Each year the Associated Colleges of the St. Lawrence Valley supports faculty seminars which bring faculty from all four campuses together to exchange ideas, share scholarly interests, discuss curricular issues, promote faculty development, advance individual research interests, read works-in-progress, and on occasion to host a guest speaker. The format of the seminars varies with the needs and interests of each group as does the frequency of meetings. Faculty seminars might include one-day workshops, a series of discussions with common readings, a speaker or facilitator or other groupings of faculty who want to come together to share their research or expertise areas.
Seminars Funded since 2006:
Faculty Seminars are funded annually. Depending upon the level of activity being proposed, groups may receive funding in amounts up to $1,000. Please review these "Guidelines for initiating Faculty Seminars." Inquiries may be addressed to Ben Dixon, Administrative Coordinator of the Associated Colleges of the St. Lawrence Valley, at (315) 267-3330 or by email to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications for seminars to be held in the Spring Semester of 2017 is December 9th, 2016.
- Social Justice & American Diversity: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- Teaching for Civic Engagement and Social Change
- Anthropology Writing Roundtable
- Drama and Diversity
- Faculty Development as Student Mentors: A Collaborative Project of the ACSLV, the American Association of Univ. Women & the Wage Project
- Road Ecology in the St. Lawrence Valley Collaborative Opportunities in Teaching & Research among the Associated Colleges
- Anne Righton Malone Women & Gender Studies Lecture Series
- Bio-Math Program in the St. Lawrence Valley: Building Collaborative Opportunities in Teaching & Research
- Diversity and Social Justice Faculty/Student Conference
- Gender and Sexuality Workshop, organized by Annegret Staiger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Understanding Open Access: Concepts, Implications, and Actions for Scholarly Publishing, organized by Michelle Young, email@example.com
- Mathematics Conference and Competition of Northern New York (MCCNNY 2014), organized by Guangming Yao, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forever Wild: Foundations and Frontiers Associated Colleges Faculty Seminar In Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the National Wilderness Preservation Act, organized by William Vitek, email@example.com
- Associated Colleges Faculty Seminar Sustainability and Climate Change: Classroom, Campus, Consortium, organized by Heather Sullivan-Catlin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gender and Sexuality Workshop: Out(In)sider Intersections, organized by Annegret Staiger, email@example.com and Emily Hamilton-Honey,firstname.lastname@example.org